Monday, December 6, 2010

We packed up and drove South

Like it does so often the south calls us to come home. At least it does for our little family. I love the North, the snow and crisp cold weather but I LOVE the warm blanket that is the south.

So, we packed our bags and headed down for a long southern Holiday. It was a special trip because my Aunt Dawn, who lives in Savannah had planned a special early Thanksgiving for the days that we had planned to be there and invited everyone...Cousins, Friends, New Babies, Grandpa, Just Sheryl, Uncle Donald, Crazy Aunt Jackie, who brought this amazing dessert that we won't mention by name but it involved pretzels, chocolate and peanut butter and it was super delicious!!! There were so many people there. It was great. We had a wonderful dinner and for the first time, Cannan started eating real food! Not just solid food because he's been eating that for awhile, I mean, turnip greens, stuffing, turkey, and courtesy of my wonderful rebellious aunt (this is where I get my streak from) and to my disapproval, he even got his fill of banana pudding...

Cannan & Dawn


One happy and stuffed little man...


I wish I would have thought to bring the camera out more but I was so excited to see and meet everyone that I forgot to take pictures, so I will just have to tell you a little about what is going on around us in the photos that I did manage to snap. My cousin Branndon and Stephanie brought my new baby [2nd] cousin, Autumn Tressie, who is named after my Grandmother and who I fell in love with in a matter of minutes. Truly. I already have a love for this baby girl that I cannot explain. I am kicking myself for not snapping a picture of her and her sweet mama.
Dawn loves animals and takes in strays wherever she can (including people, that's why she and I are so close ;-) so just outside, Cannan met his first Pigs, Sweetie & Wilbur and the dogs: Jadis, Travis, Lily, Selena and Yoda, she also has a bird, cats and I think a few other small caged animals. Who needs a petting zoo??? I have family that's got us covered!! Yes, it's a sort of like a miniature farm I guess you'd say. Anyway, wish I had gotten a picture of Cannan with those pigs. It was pretty funny watching him check out these new creatures that he's never seen before.

We had so much fun and look forward to the next visit!


Dawn, Cannan & Grandpa
He was fascinated with Grandpa's glasses!


Grandpa & Cannan had a good time playing on the floor. I'm not sure who wore who out first...









The Fam...Steve, Dawn, Cannan & Grandpa



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times with the fam!! I need to see some pictures with little man with the pigs. I guess you guys will have to hit up a farm soon to get some shots. Got your xmas card yesterday-PRESH!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste thank you so much for your kind words, this whole thing made me cry tears of joy and sadness because we are so far apart. I can't stress how much this all means to me. I love you and am so proud of all of your accomplishments. I hope you can come home soon for another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, looks like y'all had a great holiday. So happy that you and Steve are enjoying your life. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete