Sunday, November 28, 2010

Apples & Pumpkins and Eckerts Farm

There have been several Holidays and events over these past few months that I haven't posted about so let's start with Fall. By the way, I love Fall, especially Fall in St. Louis! In September my friends KB, Heather and I headed out with the babies to this cool place in Illinois called Eckerts Farm. They have apple orchards as far as you can see that you can pick apples from and pumpkins that are bigger than my kitchen table!!! Which actually is not really saying much but, really, they are huge.

Cannan did not love apple picking but he did like to taste them and gum on the big chunks that I'd bite off for him...







We've been trying to photograph these two together since birth and so far, this one seems to be the best yet, obviously we've got our work cut out for us as you can tell. I am sure Heather is standing behind KB doing something that resembles an African tribal dance to get these two to even look in the general direction of the camera at the same time. The whole thing is pretty entertaining really.



2 comments:

  1. Love it! These pumpkins are huge!! Cannan loves the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On behalf of the Eckert family, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Eckert’s! We truly love to read our customer’s experiences!! As a thank you for including us in your blog, we would like to offer your family a gift certificate good for one FREE child’s Breakfast with Santa with the purchase of one at regular price. Includes Breakfast Buffet and photo with Santa. In addition, if you create a link to our website, www.eckerts.com, I would be happy to send you a $5.00 Eckert gift certificate. Please email me your address along with the link to your blog and I will get those items out to you right away. Thanks again for sharing your Eckert’s experience and we hope to see you again soon!

    Keep Smiling!


    Rachel
    Rachel.hainline@eckerts.com

    ReplyDelete